To minimize and streamline efforts for our teams, Camp Jefferson has created a simple project intake form that Koodo primes will need to complete at the briefing of the agency stage.
The steps that follow completion of the form depend on which type of project that is being briefed: New, Refresh or Revise.
- New projects - The Koodo prime needs to book a briefing call with Lora and Sebastien to take us through all context and background for the project. This could be in the form of a PPT deck, a flow chart, whatever is most useful to tell the full story (Note: Winbacks approach from 2019 is the gold standard).
- From there, Lora and Sebastien will decide if it is necessary to escalate to the strategy department to write a creative brief.
- If the project requires a creative brief, the strategy prime will have the Koodo prime’s alignment before briefing in a creative team
- Refresh and Revise projects - Koodo primes need to email Lora and Sebastien any or all of the following:
- Marked up past layout/copy deck changes
- past creative reference
- image inspiration
- bad ad
- Note: Camp Jefferson will decide whether a creative brief is needed or not based on the complexity of the ask but, based on historical precedence, most cases will be fine to have marked up examples and bad ads to reference.
As a reminder, please see the breakdown of what constitutes New, Refresh, or Revise, and the timing required to execute each project from briefing to file delivery:
Please note that Koodo requires an additional five days from file delivery until deployment.
|New||New copy, new template, new template & module, two rounds of creative revisions, new strategy.||5 weeks|
|Refresh||Rewriting body copy, subject line, headline, new colours & image, using existing template & module, two rounds of creative revisions, strategy check in to ensure creative still delivers on original strategy.||3 weeks|
|Revise||Copy changes only. Tweaking body copy (1-2 lines) OR headline, subhead and subject line. No strategy or layout updates. Requests can be made via email.||1.5 weeks|
- When building the WBS, CJ will ensure that the creative share will be delivered 24H before Tuesday or Thursday afternoon (before the BaseComms review meetings) to ensure primes have enough time to circulate and gather feedback
- Once the Koodo Prime has creative, they will need to attend a KBM Creative Review Meeting. Here are the details of those meetings:
KBM Creative Review meetings
When are they? Every Tuesday (4:30pm – 5:00pm) and Thursday (4:30pm – 5:00pm). We won’t need every meeting, and will cancel when there are no agenda items.
How do I sign up? Sign up at this link here. Once you sign up, Heather will forward you a calendar invite for that day and time.
What do I need to do?
- At least 24 hours before, you must email the creative piece that will be reviewed to the following people as a pre-read:
- Then, come to the meeting during your scheduled time and present the creative to solicit feedback
- Note – if you’re not presenting finalized creative, please make sure you include your feedback on the document that you email beforehand, and come to the meeting prepared to discuss it.
- After the KBM Creative review share, Koodo primes must provide fully consolidated feedback from all stakeholders in one email, with notes and marked up PDF
- Only 2 rounds of feedback have been included in the agreed upon timing in the SOW. If feedback exceeds 2 rounds, this will impact timing and deployment may be delayed
- Once the creative is finalized and signed off by all stakeholders, the Koodo prime is ready to engage Gonzalo Llanos Gonzalo.Llanos@telus.com who is Koodo’s email developer. Give him the heads up that CJ will be providing working files (.psds) and a copydeck to him via email, and CC’ing you (the Koodo prime).
On top of the intake form, we've also implemented a new process to help CJ gain learnings from Koodo’s comms this year (knowing last year we really struggled with getting any insight into how things performed). After every base comms job, the Koodo prime is responsible for sharing a post mortem report with CJ. Again, the type of project determines how this is done:
- For New, Koodo primes will need to book a call to walk CJ through the learning.
- For Refresh or Revise, Koodo primes simply upload the deck to a share drive and CJ (account teams + Guybrush) will review the deck to ensure learnings are applied to future projects.